Thread: Electric Yugo
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 03:33 PM   #20 (permalink)
yugomodder
EcoModding Lurker

Thanks for the replies!
I'll look up those brands Daox. Yeah it seems like several people have said now that they could pump more volts through a motor than it's rated for. I guess it's like overclocking a computer, as long as you don't go overboard and you have the cooling you should be ok, right? For the wh/mi, that would make a lot more sense if it were from the wall stats.

That's exactly the sort of thing I was thinking Ryland. I can build everything so that it has the potential to do more, but just limit myself in order to prolong the life of the system. That PakTrakr looks great! That's all the sorts of info I'd like to be able to get. Unfortunately I cannot take pictures of the system at the moment, as it is still in Michigan. I do have a camera though, and pictures will be put up once it gets here. Yeah if the current motor fits, then it would make sense that being standardized other motors may fit too. I'll check what voltage the motor is rated at and then post here to see how many volts I should try to put through it.