View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 05:14 PM   #139 (permalink)
beatr911
Master EcoModder

B2300 - '96 Mazda B2300 SE

Focus - '05 Ford Focus ST

The red car - '00 Honda Insight
Sendler, Thats interesting! The CBR makes more hp and torque at 5800 theoretically able to enjoy even taller gearing than the Ninja. Gotta love thumpers.

Vic, believe me I know 14hp isn't much. But my 200 makes ONLY 14 hp with no more on the downshift. I can't do 70 though except down a small grade.

For the plugs you can tune them to get the max effect by opening up the gap in .005" increments until you start losing power at max output. Then close by .005" and your gap is dialed in, whatever the plug you are using. This will not provide a margin for plug wear so they will require more frequent re-gapping though.

Your mid range mixture is controlled by the needle in the slide. Shimming the needles up with tiny washers is a common fix for lean mid range since you probably don't have an adjustable clip for the needle. Due to the age of the bike it's a good idea to do the cleaning, but inspect/adjust the float levels with accuracy as well as the sealing of the boots and mount to the head. Kawis of this era tend to have fat main jets, you'll need to use an O2 sensor and gauge to dial that in correctly though. Don't guess.