View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
1carnut
EcoModding Lurker

Sparky - '07 Toyota Prius Base

Voltage_kwh - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 151.04 mpg (US)

Voltage_gas - '18 Chevy Volt LT
90 day: 43.38 mpg (US)
I am going to try to go about this methodically and save the O2 for last in case some other issue could foul the O2 I want to replace that last. I replaced the grommet #3 in diagram above and things seem to be a little better but not solved. I read some things since then that I want to try soon. I did not reset the ECU after unplugging the O2 and throwing the check engine light. I want to unplug the O2 again after replacing the grommet to see how things are in default mode and then I will reset ECU. I also want to check for vacuum leaks other places. I want to check the EGR system for a clog. I'm not sure I'm ready/willing to follow the procedure of drilling holes in the intake to clean but if I can determine that it needs it, I guess I will. I noticed yesterday before changing the grommet that the idle settled down on it's own (and was maybe even a little low) after it bounced around for maybe 10 seconds. Can someone tell me what #2 is on the diagram above? It appeared to be some kind of valve to me. Is it PCV? Thanks!