Thread: 2000 silverado
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
stomper
EcoModding Lurker

* - '00 chevrolet silverado la
2000 silverado

New here, i have a 2000 chevy silverado, 5.3 v8, xcab, 2wd 3" lift 265/65/18 bridgestones, k&N filter, stock exhaust with muffler delete I get avg 15 mpg and need to get better. I drive about 60+ miles a day i carry yard equipment every day, push mower, weedeater, blower, gas can, rake, etc. I need all this stuff everyday so i cant get rid of it, would a rolling tonneau cover help? what about an actual performance muffler like flowmaster or magnaflow? I run castrol syntech, im about to change my rear differential oil should i go synthethic also? what about spark plugs? i was always told factory acdelco is really the best to use. also my truck has 3:42 gears the tires i have are slightly larger than what came stock, not a huge difference, should i go with some 3:73s?

Ive been doing alot of research and im getting desperate ive seen a few different things im willing to try
1. acetone in gas - does this really work? ive seen vids made by people that are not from some company trying to get you tobuy some product seems to work but IDK

2. HHO generators - it seems like a scam but i guess with the correct setup would work, i think doubling your mpg is crazy but a little increase would be nice

3. programmers - seen a few different ones, hypertech makes a e-con programmer, supposed to help fuel economy but again idk

Ive changed driving habits and have gotten mid 16s mpg but thats about it i have a lot of stop and go traffice along with interestate travel every day

again i need some helpful tips would like to get close to 20mpg or better

thanks