Thread: 2000 silverado
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
stomper
EcoModding Lurker

* - '00 chevrolet silverado la
i had a 98 mazda protege when i started the job, got around 30mpg which was great but the transmission went out and the cost to fix was around $2000, car wasnt worht that so i sold it for $500 just to get rid of it, right before that went out i spent a lil money in suspension parts and that was pretty much it for the 3yrs i had the car. So my interest in getting another small car has just been spiked again, its just so risky buying a used car because it could turn out like my protege and give me almost 3 yrs of trouble free use or it could crap out the next week. Anyway i think my budget would be around $2-2500 what would be a good car taht gets great mileage, i love the mpg i see some of you get with the geo metros but dont know if i can get past the looks. also need an automatic, wife doesnt care much for manuals. what about some older civics? also dont want a very old car either. i appreciate all of your input

also whats the deal with that gfchips.com i see listed on this forum? is this bogu? if so why would it be allowed on this sight? just wondering