Thread: E15 on the way?
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #110 (permalink)
roosterk0031
Master EcoModder

Exporting corn only to import crude oil just makes no sense to me.

Exporting raw materials vs finished products makes no sense to me, let's have the jobs & companys converting field corn to useable product here, does China, Japan or Tiawan export raw materials here, lets make they buy our finished products.

US companies are exporting fuel, I read that it was the biggest $$ export the US had last year, that's great, taking a raw material and converting it to a finished product is where a large part of the profit is.

Last I read there is like 7 cents worth of corn in a box of cornflakes, even if corn doubles, we won't notice it at the stores. The money's & jobs are in turning the raw material into finished goods.

I'm not for any mandates, Iowa offers E0 or E10 at every station, and E85 isn't hard to find, with my FFV cars I used the cheapest/mile.

It must be up to states to mandate it, if you don't like it you need to take it up with your state. I like it, I think it makes sense, Brazil's been using it for 25-30 years, every blend I've run thru Stratus the cost per miles is pratically the same, I think ethanol should be cheaper, it follows petro to close, we need more competition (Brazil) to keep the local manufactures honest.

Last edited by roosterk0031; 03-13-2012 at 09:48 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to roosterk0031 For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (03-18-2012)