View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
deathtrain
Master EcoModder

Black Knight - '94 Toyota Corolla
Team Toyota
90 day: 58.53 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Except the easy to find part, at least in my area, the manuals (2 that I found vs 40+ autos) were $500+ higher priced compared to the autos and were often in worse shape or have 300k+ miles. Michigan salt eats cars alive, if they sit they rust out FASTER, so not many good shape cars with low miles .
Well I didn't see where he was from. And I can see where you got your issues
finding a good runner. This part of Texas we don't even own salt trucks. The City's idea of de-icing was to put down sand Plus being this close the Mexico with cash money, little Spanish, case of bud lite. you can easily spend weeks look at the used car dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
For Toyotas, aim for 93-2001 corollas, or the larger 92-99 camry (newer is better mpg via EPA ratings). There is a member on this site with a manual 1.6L corolla that gets over 60mpg with mods, with my auto corolla with a 1.8L and less mods I'm getting around 45mpg for my current tank. By the way..... the corollas are rated under 30mpg average!
Thats Me !!!! YAY ( I hope ) I got 94 1.6l Corolla 60 day average 59.8mpg and life time of 57mpg. Love the part of the states...flat and open. Talk to me about mid Aug when its about 110 and 60% humidity and I might tell you something different.