View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
vacationtime247
Master EcoModder

The Toylet - '87 Toyota Supra 350 Chevy V8 / 700R4

In-Durrrr-Oh - '09 TMEC Enduro TMEC 200cc Enduro
90 day: 60.9 mpg (US)

Tem-poo - '86 Ford Tempo GL 4 Door 2.0 Liter Diesel 5 Speed
90 day: 47.52 mpg (US)

Ass Tick - '01 Pontiac Pontiac Aztek GT 5 Door

Green Baby Poop Stain - '01 Pontiac Aztek Aztek Base Model

Black Track - '01 Pontiac Aztek GT
Rear View Mirror Violation IN 9-19-12-1 (for Kammback addition on sedan)

Sure, the duct tape Kammback isn't pretty. Always had people stopping, stairing and even taking pics. But pulled over? Yea, knew it would happen sooner or later.

So here's how the story goes. Went to work for a 'Mandatory Nursing Meeting'. Oh fun : / Left work and passed a couple cops sitting in a parking lot. Cruising through town doing my leisurely 28 mph. Looked in my side mirror and noticed I was being pulled over. Shut the car off and coasted to a vacant parking lot. Kept my hands on the steering wheel.
Cop, 'License and registration' ... 'Can I ask what the purpose of this here in the back is for?'
Me, '7% increase in fuel mileage'
Cop, 'Really?' almost seemed stunned...or impressed not sure. He went on to explain the reason for pulling me over. The driver must be able to see out the rear window and the police must be able to see in. Being that it's a passenger vehicle. He only gave me a warning. Gave me props for creativity and even understood why I was doing it. Didn't want to be a jerk or make a scene, so I graciously accepted the warning without a hassle. Went ahead and took the Kammback off. Winter had made it begin to sag and look bad. Next version will be a metal kammback with a small open space to see through on the back. Borderline legal, but should get me by. Here's the violation, Rear view mirror violation, IN 9-19-12-1
VT247

The Following User Says Thank You to vacationtime247 For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-14-2012)