View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
rountreesj
EcoModding Lurker

well there could be ways around this even. there are elecric cutouts, basically a big solenoid that you could put in the tubo piping, or even could install manual choke setups to open a n/a loop. could also find a cheap float valve low water indicator and just add water when it is done.

also was reading that most mix an oil with the water etc to prevent washing of the walls.

its not REALLY practical, but if planned right, a junkyard turbo setup could be made. no intercooler would be needed, jut the manifold, turbo, piping, and water injection system.

my younger brother suggested a small carburetor system to pump in water.

my idea was to use boost pressure to basically suck in water just like a straw. put a check valve in and use a needle valve to manually adjust to tune, and some form of atomizer to mist the water.

i read somewhere even people sprayed pretubo, and the turbo breaks up the water into a mist. if there was a way to control flow with the boost causing a suction of sorts that would open a valve for water to spray in pre turbo, then it could work REALLY well for a low boost, no tune setup. with this reasoning, you wouldn't need to tap the oil pan and feed the turbo with oil either since the water would cool it. its pretty ingenious IF it could WORK. IF I CAN GET IT TO WORK LOLOL