View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #18 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
I had thought about that Skyking but was afraid that the air might get caught up in the space directly behind the cab, over the wheel well, and at the rear (somewhat). The cab is 63" wide (outside to outside) and the bed at the rear is 53" (outside to outside). If I keep the frame rectangle shaped as opposed to tapered this makes a 5" overhang above the red line in this pic. Wouldn't that be a problem? The tapered idea at least only gives me an overhang at the space directly behind the cab. That and I thought the tapered (boat tail?) effect was better than straight 90* lines. I am just guessing here but I thought I had read that here somewhere. Not saying you're wrong, just trying to remember what I thought I think I maybe read sometime in the distant past ago in some thread some guy posted in some forum here. LOL

I am anxious to get started but I know it will be a slow going process. Lots of trial and error with the emphasis on the error part for sure. But hey, that's what it's all about isn't it?

Thanks again for all the advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	air pockets.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	10517