View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 09:46 PM   #128 (permalink)
t vago
MPGuino Supporter

iNXS - '10 Opel Zafira 111 Anniversary

Suzi - '02 Suzuki Swift GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovel View Post
I just stumbled on this thread and got to about page 7 before getting bored of the negativity being thrown at this guy.

We're his intended market, and he's trying to make something commercially viable and he was all but attacked over it.

I think a product like this should work - not as well as an OEM solution that addresses the valve opening/closing, but still it should work quite well. Perhaps I misread something but I don't see how this would put the engine in open loop mode, if the engine's ECU believes it fired the injector, and the DCD box takes input from the wideband o2 sensor, compares it against the number of deactivations it knows it made, and produces a voltage the ECU was expecting from its ordinary o2 sensor... then what's the problem? Sounds like a closed feedback loop to me.
It all sounds so wonderfully simple in theory, doesn't it?

Tell me something - if it's so wonderfully simple to deactivate ignition and fuel to individual cylinders, without also deactivating the associated intake and exhaust valves, then why haven't any of the major automakers done it yet? Points will be deducted for invoking conspiracy theories.

Bonus question - How will hee-hee-tech's gadget not interfere with the stock engine computer's hunting algorithm that it uses to determine whether or not the car's catalytic converter is operating properly?

Another bonus - Why doesn't hee-hee-tech still not have any demonstrated product, 4 years after he first announce it to the world?