View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
I have found two Insights for sale at a dealer around 75 miles from where I live now.
Both will most likely have a dead IMA battery - one supposedly has a ' fresh ' battery.
Besides a receipt from Honda on battery replacement, how can I tell if the battery has been replaced under warranty ?
One of the cars is more desirable to me simply because of the color : red versus the all too common silver.
This particular car red car has a stone dead battery pack. From what I have read, I should flip the main power switch to the battery pack to " off " if I plan to drive the car home.
I saw mention in one of the battery refurbish threads here of also cutting the wires to the pack if I plan to drive it for an extended drive.
That seems rather drastic , but will I damage the pack if I simply flip it to off and drive that way ?

Also, what can be expected in a car with a dead pack ? What dash lights normally come on and for how long ?

With a dead pack , what other things get broken ? Do you still get a working trip computer , tach etc
Im assuming the charge lights go nonfunctional.

How does the car behave . There is no stop start function so I was wondering if the car runs like a normal car at stoplights or if it trips over itself sometimes. I have read the car becomes extremely sluggish with no pack. How sluggish are we talking here ?