View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #19 (permalink)
silverinsight2
EcoModding Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Besides a receipt from Honda on battery replacement, how can I tell if the battery has been replaced under warranty ?
Run the vin thru a Honda dealer

Quote:
This particular car red car has a stone dead battery pack. From what I have read, I should flip the main power switch to the battery pack to " off " if I plan to drive the car home.
I saw mention in one of the battery refurbish threads here of also cutting the wires to the pack if I plan to drive it for an extended drive.
That seems rather drastic , but will I damage the pack if I simply flip it to off and drive that way ?
CUT NOTHING...Turn the rear breaker switch off, remove the big battery lid ( T30 and 10mm... DANGER, HIGH VOLTAGE), remove the three multi pin connectors on the BCM module (top of battery, drivers side). The car will start and run on 12volt battery.
The 12v bat will not charge <1200; >4000rpm if dashboard red battery icon comes on it is not charging wait 30 seconds and the red light goes out and charging resumes. Don't drive extended distances w the red charging light on

Quote:
Also, what can be expected in a car with a dead pack ? What dash lights normally come on and for how long ?
Ima and check engine light, forever

Quote:
With a dead pack , what other things get broken ? Do you still get a working trip computer , tach etc
Yes & yes

Quote:
Im assuming the charge lights go nonfunctional.
see above

Quote:
How does the car behave
. like a tired Geo Metro

Quote:
There is no stop start function so I was wondering if the car runs like a normal car at stoplights or if it trips over itself sometimes. I have read the car becomes extremely sluggish with no pack. How sluggish are we talking here ?
see above, I've driven mine thru a Pittsburgh winter..no prob.

Don't let a bad battery screw up a good deal

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums...a-battery.html

Last edited by silverinsight2; 03-18-2012 at 11:30 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to silverinsight2 For This Useful Post:
WesternStarSCR (11-06-2012)