View Single Post
Old 05-29-2008, 03:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
dcb
needs more cowbell

pimp mobile - '81 suzuki gs 250 t
90 day: 96.29 mpg (US)

schnitzel - '01 Volkswagen Golf TDI
90 day: 53.56 mpg (US)
Open source PCB design

I think the project could use an open source PCB design to go along with it for folks who want a real easy and tidy assembly.

I'm playing around with the free version of EAGLE currently: http://www.cadsoft.de/freeware.htm which some companies can actually take and produce boards with. Or if you want to do the DIY laser printer etchant thing too that would be cool too. So I will play around with EAGLE and post something unless a more experienced person beats me to it

Requirements:

1. it MUST be pin compatable with the mpguino as defined. Otherwise we will have too much explaining to do and other support.maintenance headaches.

2. It should work with the top pin LCDs, the Edge pin ones are optional, but would be nice if we could get those wired up too. You should be able to solder it directly to the back of a LCD with some header pins.

3. It should be as small as possible, and still provide for programming, via rs232 or usb adapter. (edit: leaning towards USB, but lack of standards here is frustrating)

4. Of course, it has to hold all the other components necessary to call it a guino

Any other requirements?

If enough folks want a kit then maybe we can get something together. But probably not for another month or so.

There might be seperate USB and rs232 versions, or just two versions of an external programmer that you build, don't know.

Last edited by dcb; 07-24-2008 at 08:26 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to dcb For This Useful Post:
wadesworld20 (01-13-2020)