View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
hat_man
Master EcoModder

Oh Deer - '03 Ford Ranger XL
90 day: 33.97 mpg (US)
As I am finally going back to work for a short time (re-fueling outage at a nuclear plant) I have decided to start with the mounting system for the cap. If it works like I had envisioned I will use it on the new bed and attach a flat cover for the time being. In my head it works well and I have started taking pics of the process so I can share them when I finish. I have not bailed on the aerocap idea in the slightest. The mounting system is much easier to work on and can be used (hopefully) for many different types of bed coverings. Working 12 hour nights sort of puts a crimp in my construction time and if all goes well a flat cover will help until I get the full cover finished. The material I use for the flat cover will probably go to making a belly pan of sorts or the wheel arch fillers that I want. I hope to order my sheet of aluma-lite for the temporary cover on tuesday. I think the mounting system will alleviate some of the problems with being able to access the bed once the full cap is on. It should work for anyone that is interested in doing a cheap and easy "tonneau" or "half-tonneau" also. Wish me luck. I'll keep you all updated.

Last edited by hat_man; 03-18-2012 at 09:42 PM.. Reason: Rotun speeling
The Following User Says Thank You to hat_man For This Useful Post:
aerohead (03-19-2012)