View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #30 (permalink)
F8L
EcoModding Apprentice

F8L's 2012 Prius - '12 Toyota Prius Three with Solar Roof
90 day: 62.14 mpg (US)
I think this is really cool and I am thankful that you are so thoroughly documenting your progress but I have a couple questions regarding your use of the word neutral.

In a couple of posts you mention going into neutral and being able to coast further. I assume you do not mean physically shifting into neutral right? I want this to be clear for other Prius owners so they do not think that putting the car in neutral will increase gas mileage. The best method to increase gas mileage and increase coasting distance is to enter a glide or warp stealth mode.

In neutral the best you can hope for is approx. 300mpg because fuel cutoff doesn't happen in neutral. In warp stealth you can achieve infinite mpg (9999mpg on SG2) albeit with a little HV battery use.

I am pretty sure you know this but others who may be lurking may not.
2012 Prius Three with Solar Roof - Blizzard Pearl w/dark gray interior: Prius Plug-In 15" Wheels | Michelin Energy Saver A/S 195/65/15 tires | TRD Lowering Springs | WeatherTech FloorLiners | Scangauge II | Morimoto/DDM HIDs 5000K | Clazzio Leather Seat Covers | Best Tank: 71.7mpg@702miles | Best Trip: 95.9mpg@233miles