View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 10:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
slowmover
Banned

2004 CTD - '04 DODGE RAM 2500 SLT
Team Cummins
90 day: 19.36 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationtime247 View Post
Never understood why people want to be jerks to cops when they get pulled over. Even if the cop is a total *******, there's really no point in it. Being rude will only get you more of a citation or worse, landed in jail on some trumped up charges with your car towed and a hefty fine to boot. Just take the ticket and fight it in court.
VT247
In a commercial vehicle I go along with this. I don't own it or the load and the whole thing is removed from being personal transportation.

But by your reasoning, then, being pepper-sprayed in the course of exercising First Amendment rights would be acceptable. Plenty of court cases say otherwise, though. The police have boundaries, even in minor matters.

I think all would agree that keeping ones cool is to the point. Some emotional discipline by both this post and Frank Lee's counter to it is of the essence, as definitions are at stake. Language matters -- the black letters -- as the assumptions [unfortunately] have to be tested in these instances.

(So paint the whole car: Red and weirdo silver appendage is waving a flag at a bull).