View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 08:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
Tesla
Master EcoModder

The Truck - '02 Nissan GU Patrol ST
Just been doing some research on this, and found this thread which answered one of my questions, as to why the air deflectors on my Subaru Forester are pointing inwards.
Now the other thing I was looking at with it is, it has a front pan, which is ok, but not perfect, I have done an upper grille block and I want to put a 3-4" dam on the front as well, to guide more air away & into lower grille & to sides rather than under, then put another pan on which would run from the bottom of airdam and to the base of current air deflectors, which are also inline with where the current pan finishes. So the new pan would finish at the same level as current pan, but would only have about 1-2"s of slope from front bumper, whereas the current pan has about 5-6"s of slope, the new pan would also be completely flat across the width, whereas the current pan is lower in the middle and then goes up at sides and is a bit messy where it joins up with bumper infront of wheels.
I think this would be better aero, any comments?
Would it be worth making the pan a little lower just at the edges infront of the wheels, maybe just an inch or so, to direct more air lower infront of the tyres?

Last edited by Tesla; 03-22-2012 at 04:47 AM..