View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 04:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Vekke
Mechanical engineer

Siitin - '98 Seat Cordoba Vario
90 day: 58.56 mpg (US)

VW Lupo 3L --> 2L - '00 VolksWagen Lupo 3L
Diesel
90 day: 104.94 mpg (US)

A8 luxury fuel sipper - '97 Audi A8 1.2 TDI 6 speed manual
90 day: 64.64 mpg (US)

Audi A4B6 Avant Niistäjä - '02 Audi A4b6 1.9tdi 96kW 3L
90 day: 54.57 mpg (US)

Tourekki - '04 VW Touareg 2.5TDI R5 6 speed manual
90 day: 32.98 mpg (US)

A2 1.4TDI - '03 Audi A2 1.4 TDI
90 day: 45.68 mpg (US)

A2 1.4 LPG - '02 Audi A2 1.4 (75hp)
90 day: 24.67 mpg (US)
Tungsten disulfide or WS2

Hi,

Iam searching ways to reduce friction and my race mate suggested to try this WS2. They use it in their Formula 3 race cars in all bearings and gears. Effect can be seen immediately when you apply it if you two new bearings and you put it on the other.

I will try this in my Lupo, but where is still unknown. It can be mixed even to oil but I am trying to find more data on that from the internet. Here they say can be mixed to oil. My friend said if you put too much you engine will blow so gotta be careful not to put too much. Thats why I want more data. If you can help to find more data would help a lot. Specially to the oil mixing case.

Lower Friction

Few pages that were good on the topic

Brycoat Advanced Metallurgical Coatings - Got Friction? BryCoat Tungsten Disulfide (WS2) Dry Lubricant Coatings

WS2 Tungsten Disulfide Dry Lubrication for automotive: racing, secondary automobile product market

"Pur-Tungsten Powder can be mixed with synthetic oil at a ratio of about 1% or about 1 tablespoon per 5 quarts oil. Our results show the mixed protective film makes the tungsten disulfide motor oil display excellent antiwear, antifriction and extreme pressure properties, and this kind of motor oil can reduce the exhaust emission and oil wastage, enhance the fuel economy and improve the environment, so it is a kind of environment-protective and energy-saving motor oil."

https://www.linkedin.com/in/vesatiainen/

Vesa Tiainen innovation engineer and automotive enthusiast