View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #99 (permalink)
Ultra-Orange
Fat free ranch for life!

Ecno-bubble - '96 Geo Metro Base
Not being able to install an belly tray I bought some Lawn edging from home depot (20' for $12) and built an air dam. (side skirts to follow)

also in the picture you can see the duct tape grill block I did some time back.

In celebration of the new air damn I grabbed a buddy and went for a freeway mileage test!

So.. the numbers break down well. with a touch of controversy. so I filled up at a gas station near the freeway and went for a ride! 69 miles later I pulled into a gas station and top up the tank. now... normally this would be the end of it. but due the short trip (I normally go 120 miles plus) the numbers become more important, so Im excited and watching the fill up . when the pump clicks off the meter says 1.02 gallons. Unfortunately the attendant didn't speak very good English and managed to pump in an additional .20 gal before the tank wouldn't take anymore and I was standing there stammering like an idiot trying to get him to stop.

In hindsight I don't remember how far up the first attendant topped the tank. I need to start paying more attention and insisting on stopping at one click.

so. numbers break down like this. if I use the final numbers, which I'm inclined to do, I get 56 MPG. This is pretty much in line with previous results.

If I go with the first click (1.03 gal vs 1.23 gal) the numbers jump from 56 MPG to 67 MPG. Thats.... a large difference. so... i'm going to use the 56 MPG.. whats the real mileage? Somewhere in between, no doubt. Ill be using 56MPG till future testing is performed.

Conversely my tank to tank mileage has increased to 45mpg with the new commute.

Last edited by Ultra-Orange; 03-26-2012 at 11:28 PM..