View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
alvaro84
Master EcoModder

Teresa - '04 BMW F650CS
Motorcycle
90 day: 80.53 mpg (US)

The YARDIS - '99 Toyota Yaris 1.0
90 day: 59.52 mpg (US)
I tried to P&G in my usual range in 4th instead of 5th yesterday, on the way home.
It was strange first, then I adapted - Teresa was still more headstrong at those revs (man, sometimes I went up to 5000! Scary! - redline is at 7-7.5k), but I found that if I take a longer glide down to 60km/h (~38mph?), I can rev match at 3000rmp almost as easily as before, yet did not use the sub-3k range. Still, she feels "too strong" here to use normally (though I'm sure that many wouldn't agree with me)

Now I'll rest this experiment though, and play nice, because the drive belt shows clear signs of wear. It was not exactly new, and I planned to replace it at the "100k" maintenance (by odometer which was rewound once, by the seller...), but now it looks much more urgent, has a couple of loose teeth. So it must be a 90k. An early 90k, perhaps.

I order the new belt as soon as I can overcome my inner resistance against any kind of bureucracy and repair my paypal account somehow... I've already exchanged a couple of emails with their support but it haven't solved my problem. I'll bite the bullet and create a new account, probably...

Last edited by alvaro84; 03-27-2012 at 09:59 AM..