View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hauki
EcoModding Lurker

Scudo - '98 Fiat Scudo (van) 1.9 TD
90 day: 40.94 mpg (US)
Thanks jtbo, yes the throttle is crazy light so great idea with sponge or something, I will look into that.

What l/100 are you getting out of the ZX?

There is a connection under the steering wheel to plug something in, but I don't know what format it is, I would really like a scangauge so I can get accurate readouts instantly but I am not sure a 1998 diesel will be OBDII compliant. But the Peugeot 806 and Ullyses are basically the same platform and they have factory fuel computer installed so it must be possible. I wonder if I can fit the driving clocks out of one of those...

My engine stays around 81°C, what temp are these engines supposed to run? I am going to do some grille blocking because there are lots of open spaces on the front of this van. I think I only need the top grille open where the air inlet is and a bit of radiator is visible.

It coasts ok this van, almost as good as my Volvo 240, but you can really feel the drag at 60kmh and above, it is really strong. So I think aero is where my problems lie here. The underneath is quite messy and is causing a lot of drag so I will try and get the airdam sorted.

I will do some testing on each modification. I live on an island in turun saaristo so roads are empty! I have a couple hills I can test on. I am going to mark in chalk a line at the top of the hill, and I will coast down and mark a line with chalk where I stop. I will do this with each mod and draw a new line the further I go.