View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Diesel_Dave
Master EcoModder

White Whale - '07 Dodge Ram 2500 ST Quad Cab 2wd, short bed
Team Cummins
90 day: 37.68 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86toypickup View Post
Dave have you been able to construct any of your ideas? I've been working night for about the last month and started thinking about improving my my mpg with aerodynamics (I think I've maxed my mpg at 31 with just changing my driving habbits). I came across ecomodder about a week ago and found the aerocap (the proof of concept that I already had in my head). In the last several days I've be planing out one using canvas also. With the thoughts of pouring fiberglass resin over the canvis. I'm hopeing that you have tried some of your ideas and can give me some pointers of what to do or not do. Thanks
Unfortunately, no--I've been all talk and no action so far on the aerocap thing.

Things have been pretty busy for me recently. Plus, I want to do a belly pan first, so it's probably going to be a while before I get around to the cap.

I'll be happy to be an "armchair ecomodder" for your projects, though I wish you all the best--looks like you're already doing pretty well with that truck.

My version of energy storage is called "momentum".
My version of regenerative braking is called "bump starting".

1 Year Avg (Every Mile Traveled) = 47.8 mpg

BEST TANK: 2,009.6 mi on 35 gal (57.42 mpg): http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...5-a-26259.html