View Single Post
Old 05-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #22 (permalink)
ebacherville
Veggiedynamics

Volt12 - '12 Chevy Volt base
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttoyoda View Post
ebacherville,
What do you envision for the top view of the tail? Do you see it coming to a point in the top view? Or just getting narrower?

If you make your tail go down to the ground, you might worry about it scraping. But if you let it be flexible or hinged at the car, with spring preload pulling it down, (like a clamshell idea) and have a caster or two under the back (which normally does not touch the ground) then you will not damage the tail when you go up a ramp.
Yeah the tail would narrow down width wise.. and yes the MB c-111 was the idea that Aerohead pointed me at.. As for ramps etc.. I live in a rural area thats fairly flat .. there are not any parking garages and the worst hazard I have to worry about are wild animals in the roads.. as for the tail yeah I could make it like a break away mirror.. hinged etc.. .. however that will add lots of weight.. the construction methods on this tail will be much like the cloth constructed planes... very lightweight.. however it will be rigid via a coating of fiberglass resin over the cloth. And I don't see much need for it as there are not may hazards here to constitute the need for it.