View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 08:17 AM   #74 (permalink)
user removed
Master EcoModder

Thanked 2,024 Times in 1,304 Posts
Yep let me stick this heah myricle crab on yo motoah and yall weel get 200 miles per galin.

You know I find it humorous that the claim has now inflated from 100 MPG to 200 MPG. I guess it follows the philosophy that if you lie enough and lie big enough then someone will believe you.

If you want to read some interesting stuff look at what has transpired as far as engineering an engine for 60% thermal efficiency which is what you would be required to exceed if you were going to get 200 MPG out of any car, with just the replacement of the carburetor with your "miracle" carb.

While Homogenous Charge Compression Ignition designs claim improvements in mileage as high as 25%, I don't think they have quite got to that level and that is under very narrow and very specific loads at constant speeds on a dyno, nothing like real world scenarios.

If you understand the numerous reasons why vehicles do not get over 100 MPG, then you might realize that it ain't going to happen by sticking a carburetor on a vehicle and doubling, tripling or quadrupling the mileage. Believing this to be possible just clearly shows that the believer simply does not comprehend the issues involved in maximising vehicular efficiency.

regards
Mech