View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 12:10 AM   #5 (permalink)
bobo333
EcoModding Apprentice

F Truck - '77 Ford F100 2x4, single cab, lwb
90 day: 8.75 mpg (US)

Bombodore - '98 Holden Commodore Exec Wagon
90 day: 21.35 mpg (US)

Civic - '93 Honda Civic GL
90 day: 36.62 mpg (US)

Jim The Prius - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 36.66 mpg (US)
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, this forum is certainly a wealth of information

Some instrumentation is high on my list of priorities, but my options are limited at the moment as my engine is carby fed. First i want to get a vacuum gauge and a more accurate coolant temp gauge and maybe convert from the standard distributor setup to electronic ignition later on down the track.

As far as aerodynamics are concerned Ive already started modifying the rear bumper of my spare parts car to cut out the "parachute" section in the middle and make way for a flat under tray from the rear axle back. I'm also figuring out how to do some small boat tails behind the rear wheels. I'm doing all the mods on my parts car first so i can do back to back tests easier when i swap it all over to the good car

A partial grill block and front under tray are also on the cards and Ive swapped the mirrors for smaller ones but i think i will delete them completely if i can find a decent wide angle mirror for the interior.

Ive got plenty of pics of everything so once my post count is up i will post pics of my progress so far