View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 PM   #68 (permalink)
dem45133
Outside the Box

Maybe down the road the battery thing might work.... its conceptually doable which is why I posted this, but payback is slow. Conceptual engineering is almost a hobby. But I did not expect to hear all the guff over a 1 ton like I did in the beginning (not this thread).

Oh, 4 billion barrels untapped and technically feasible oil... out west... (the Bakken Oil find) that would cost us only about $18 a barrel to get (well so some one said... unknown on that accuracy... the 4 billion though is from USGS)... but hey I'm supposed to like getting screwed. I forgot. The whole thing could totally be underground and not effect the ecology and they could extract withOUT "walking all over" the surface owners rights and places and tearing everything up, but then that would cost them 10 cents more per gallon... besides why should they since they've got everybody and their brother convinced we don't have any oil and we have to import. Playing the "I won't play" game as some do by trying not to use oil is simply not feasible for us/me...

I did manage to average 19.2 mpg over 505 miles with the 1 ton on my commute 50-55 mph on 2 lane 60-62 mph of the four lane... that's 4-5 mpg better than my 3/4 was on the same roads. Using gravity for almost free miles is the biggest benefit... being a stick. I'll get the bed covered... and maybe get 20 or 21 (conventional tailgate is still in place).

For those that lent positive answers, I thank you... that's why I came. But for those that harassed me... you just keep on believing the party BS line... that's your right to do too. Remember that... and that DID NOT COME FREE! Many paid the ultimate sacrifice so that you can!

But on to other things now... you all have fun.

Moderator/Administrator... please delete this tread after a week or so, thus give some time for all to see this good bye post. Too much personal mind dumps.

This thread is dead now.

Dave