View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
EcoModding Lurker
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Copperas Cove, Texas
Posts: 11

xAviar - '06 Scion xA

Dr. Grey - '02 Ford F-150 Supercrew
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
+1 for OEM plugs, especially in a Honda. Not sure why, but I would say 95% of the misfire complaints I dealt with were the result of aftermarket (Bosch, Autolite, Mighty, Champion,..) plugs. The other 5% was worn standard OEM plugs.

Honestly I can't say I've done any comparisons as far as economy or performance goes to compare the different types of plugs. I can say though that the Iridium plugs last a really long time! I think alot of it has to do with manufacturers trying to lower the cost of ownership for J.D. Power ratings.
  Reply With Quote