View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentraguy View Post
I wish I had seen this posting a little earlier, I've been out of the loop for a while. I have a '97 Sentra with the 1.6/auto combo. I blocked everything but a little sliver right above the front bumper, and have absolutely no trouble with keeping the car cool, even in 90 some degree heat. We'll test that theory this summer. Also, these cars can run a 195/75r14 tire without rubbing, yes I've done the measurements. If you have steelies (which are hard as can be to find for an appropriate price) you can run a hubcap and close the openings, packing tape or pizza pans for example, and help out. Completely blocking the front end and adding a front spoiler, has gained me about 15 mpg. I easily get 38-43 without even trying. Alloy wheels may not gain you any improvement due to the style and weight. Just my two cents. Also, coast in neutral whenever possible. I have spots that I can coast for over a mile.
" Completely blocking the front end and adding a front spoiler has gained me about 15 MPG "

Is that supposed to read 5 MPG ? ;-)