View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 02:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
stAtrill
EcoModding Lurker

Question Information on fuel use for newbies

Hello Ecomodders! This is my first post, so please bear with me!

So here's my deal. We know that gasoline doesn't burn, gasoline vapor does. We also know that a primary function of catalytic converters is to burn 'unburned hydrocarbons', or also known as unburned gasoline (if they called it that, people would be up in arms about the piss-poor efficiency of gas engines).

What I need to do, it see what can be done about reducing the amount of 'unburned hydrocarbons' that leave my engine. I know this can either be done by a rather involved mod to delete fuel injectors and add a gas vaporizer and mixer to intake (not my preferred route), or to find injectors with a better atomization rate, and increase line pressure (my preferred route).

This seems like such an obvious mod, but I cannot seem to find any info on this anywhere, nor any information on a more fuel efficient fuel injector (basically, fuel atomization is what I am looking for). I am hoping some of you may have some information to point me in the right direction on this.

By the numbers, a barrel oil has the energy of 12 men working for you full time for a full year. The car I am trying to mod gets (real-world) 18 miles to the gallon. This basically means that, euphemistically, in a day 12 men could only barely pull my car 2 miles. I can push it that far in just over an hour.

This is unacceptable. If that is all the work that 12 men could do, then picture how many trillions of men it would have taken to build the pyramids of giza in only 10 years.

Help please
-stAtrill