View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #30 (permalink)
steffen707
Master EcoModder

I stopped by the store to get a couple connectors to be able to make jumper wires from the relay to the relay harness so I can test disconnecting each of these wires, one at a time while the engine is running, and with my multimeter hooked up to the fuel pump. I might have results tonight because i get off work around 5pm.

I did read there is a check valve inside the fuel pump. Honda manual for obd1 cars 11-114 says, "When the engine stops, the pump stops automatically. However, a check valve closes by spring action to retain the residual pressure in the line, helping the engine to restart more easily.

So even if you use the "ground switch method described on page 1" and the pump gets shut off, the check valve should retain the pressure for the seconds that you have it off on gliding. If you are having stumbling or hesitation issues when you bump start the car from an EOC I think you might have a weak check valve (just a guess). Hopefully I can find one of these wires to disconnect to shut off the injectors and not the pump.