View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
stAtrill
EcoModding Lurker

Wow! Thanks for the awesome response guys! Okay, I will take this one by one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daox View Post
... if you somehow make an engine that burns 100% of the fuel, you'll probably see a mileage improvement of about .5 to 1%. Modern fuel injected engines burn very very close to all the fuel put into them. ...
Are you speculating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justing View Post
You could always put a good fuel heater on the vehicle. Then when the gasoline leaves the pressure of the fuel injection it should vaporize better...
Awesome! I have not heard of these, I will check it out! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allch Chcar View Post
Before you get carried away thinking of advanced and over-complicated ways of solving your problem ... Improving the efficiency of your driving style is the single best way of reducing unnecessary hydrocarbon combustion.
Agreed! I have been a hypermiler for a while, I am here asking for ideas because being a hypermiler just isn't cutting it (we spend over a grand a month on gas...)

I promise I wouldn't bother you guys if the problem was simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by justing View Post
Mazda SkyActive engine uses high compression dome piston and high pressure direct cylinder injection.
Awesome reference. This is exactly my goals for my (future) engine mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanspeed1 View Post
The reason why it has been so hard to find info is ... etc who rely on things being the way they are will lose out.
Precisely. Which is a reason why I am electrifying the other vehicle - I can't stand how underhanded gas interests are. The faster I can get them to stop siphoning my money the better. Not to mention these oil related wars are wearing down our wonderful country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big shafe View Post
Also realize with increased line pressure, your computer will still command the same pulse width but will actually be delivering more fuel because of the higher pressure. This will most likely require a new tune for the PCM. You will at the very least be running rich and/or have large fuel trims.
Absolutely. The pulse width will definitely have to be reduced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big shafe View Post
Normal maintenance like fuel filter, fuel system cleaner, synthetic oil, cleaning of throttle body, etc. will help make longer term effects. The 65+efficiency mods list is a good place to start.
That was the first page google landed me on. I was surprised that I didn't find this mod on there (although I don't suspect it is a common one, and that list is for 'proven' mods). And again, I promise I wouldn't bother you guys with the complex (like this) without first taking care of the basic (like normal maintenance).

Thanks again for the awesome response guys!