View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
deathtrain
Master EcoModder

Black Knight - '94 Toyota Corolla
Team Toyota
90 day: 58.53 mpg (US)
95% of my drive is highway. I also altered my driving times to miss rush hour traffic both ways on my commute. The highway I drive has been resurfaced so its smooth as a babies %^&. I check my tire pressure bi-monthly. I maintain throttle possistion on the few small over passes. The rest of my trip is straight and FLAT. being on sea level i dont think hurts. I look way ahead on the road to allow me adjust spped to road conditions. This allows me to drive with out breaks while in neutral and keeping some forward momentum. Sometimes if I can judge it right I will EOC up to the slow down and then bump start it to keep going. Drafting the big trucks. YUP in a heart beat. (no flamming on this. I know the dangers and it is my choice)

I have tightened up the nut behind the wheel to the point that my boy dont want to ride with me anymore. If we go out as a family (me, him and the woman) I am not allowed to drive.

I have tried different driving styles and changed my points of referance for EOC, P&G, different speeds, shift points, kinda anything I have read that has helped anyone. I have tried. This is the reason for my jagged edges in the fuel log. Some of the things have worked some of them not so good results. Like this week will be way lower than normal. I had to make two trip to Texas Childens Hospital this week. It not my normal route and is on the complete other side of Houston than I live on. So I drove like the rest of the population. Plus because of the situation I drove 70-75mph and said "screw MPG's I am going to the hospital"

Weather is another big thing in my area. our "winters" dont get beloew freezeing for more than a few hours. So we dont have the winter mixtures like some of the other parts of the country. Summer time it will be 80 degrees by 8am by 5 its over 100. We all know that warmer the air the better FE is.

My ODO is fairly accurate IMO. I have driven my 07 Dodge and my Company truck (Thats DOT inspected) and only see about a .2-.5 differance in the total miles driven for the week.

-Smallcog- yes it is hard on the first read but at least it is a short one. But i have not keep up with this thread like i should have. Thats my fault.

-MetroMPG- You are right it takes a lot of technique and consentration. Somedays I am more tired from the drive home than the full day of work i just left. Somedays I question why I am even doing it and should just go back to driving like the rest of the population.

Now I guess its PaleMelanesian turn to justify his off kilter numbers.

P.S. I forgot to add in my mods list that I am heating up my fuel before the rare earth fuel magnets. I put the twin tip spark plugs in (indexed of course) with the cyclon turbonator behind the air box. I also add a working HHO and for the added bonus I installed the DCD kit from Heihetech. Piece, Love and Chiken grease.
The Following User Says Thank You to deathtrain For This Useful Post:
MetroMPG (04-05-2012)