View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Doni_99
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by euromodder View Post
Welcome to ecomodder,

I hope you'll forgive me for finding that, well, a bit unbelievable.

Thinner oil surely works - especially in winter - but surely, it can't help that much (11-12 mpg)

I have a hard time pushing my 1.6L V50 to 58.8 mpg, and that's a small aerodynamic wonder compared to the brick-like 244
Both cars coincidentally also weigh just about as much.

Are those values taken off the car's computer, or did you calculate them when filling up the tank ?

I'm afraid you got some of the MPG ...
Hi Euromodder,

I forgive you of course The main reason is, that I measured the mentioned 5,2L/100km for about 14 times, and after the oil change I measured only once the 4,6L/100km. There is no computer in my car (except my brain) instead of it before every long trip I fill the tank up to the slot (it klicks about 4-5 times when I finish to fill it). The only thing I can say: I do everything in the same way than 14 times before - except the oilchange - and the lower consumption came.

I used internet converters to give you mpg data, it looks it wasn't a good idea, so I go back to L/100km

Yes, the 4,6 result is unbelievable, but I think the 5,2L/100km is more then good even when I compare it with brand new cars' consumption.

I don't know what I do in an other way than others, but on the same 280km long way I measured (with board comp and filling, too) the below mentioned consumptions:
2004 Toyota Corolla 1,4: 4,4L/100km. (computer: 4,4L)
2009 Dacia Logan MCV 1,5dci: 3,7L/100km. (computer: 3,4L)
My speed was about 80-85km/h, except when I crossed a small city.

All what I do:
- keep moderate speed (80-85km/h)
- I use 'engine brake'
- turn off the engine when I stop for more than 30sec.

Another anomaly: cars what I've driven, don't use much more fuel when I use AC. The difference can't be more then 0,1-0,2L/100km. Why do I think it? Because I used AC at the examples

At last, these consumtion examples only for roadside.
The overall consumption of the Dacia was 4,8L/100km during our 28.645km. The company average cons. is 5,2L.