View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
I got inspired by this topic and was thinking about doing this mod, however I could not find any proper way to get air tubing past radiator, which means I made it by insane method, I put tube under the radiator, which leaves it around 50mm from ground, which is insanely low.

It is quite bit back from front edge of bumper, so that must hurt performance a bit, I try to put that tomorrow so that it is nearly at front bumper level, which should place it to high pressure area.

Just temporarily for the experiment.

I did just test drive with badly positioned tube and when coasting down a hill at idle, I can't see any measurable difference in boost gauge (it does measure vacuum too).

When driving my typical speed, it might have been bit higher, it might have pulled bit better, but it can be as well plasebo effect, surprisingly sound seems not any louder than before, even I had to remove intake silencer out to be able to fit this tubing.

I must drive tomorrow bit further so I make adjustments, try to estimate effects and try to remember report back, which all is quite a lot for my poor head.

One thing that worries me is that it is potentially increasing frontal area and also drag in current position, so it might be better to punch a hole to hood or something like that.