View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Mustangwill
1993 Mustang LX 2.3L

Lil Red - '98 Saturn S-Series
90 day: 31.12 mpg (US)
Sorry its taken so long to get back to you guys. I had work today and I work late hours. Okay, lets start with my commute to school: From my driveway to the my campus then back (without stopping anywhere else) is sixty-two miles round trip. I usually take the interstate, put the mph at 75, and put on the cruise control. There are some hills and my cruise control speeds up/slows down to compensate. If I work on my school days, I can just stop on my way home (its on the same route I take to school).

Now, for my car condition. Its been abused, no doubt about it. Before I got it, the car was t-boned on the passenger side, repaired (not very well, mind you), and after a few years, I got it. When I got it, i was thirteen (I'm twenty now) and the first thing I did was change the oil, oil filter, and air filter. The oil had been really thick and sludge-like, and the air filter had small twigs and debris in it. Since then, I change the oil every 3,000 miles (give or take a few miles), and I've replaced A LOT of parts on it. I've replaced practically every part (I know I haven't but it feels like it) in the engine, new exhaust and catalyatic(sp?) converter, and even the windsheild. Transmission is automatic, and I haven't really messed with it other than the rear main seal. But, in November I was in my first wreck with it when I merged into the fast lane on the interstate and didn't realize a truck was at my rear quarter panel. So my driver side rear quarter panel is crushed and I'm currently waiting on getting a little extra money so I can replace it. It's still driveable (obviously) and, to answer the first poster to this thread, I do NOT want to replace this car, because it was a gift from my father and I love this car.