View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 10:53 AM   #68 (permalink)
ecomodded
Drive less save more

Dusty - '98 VOLKSWAGEN Beetle TDI
TEAM VW AUDI Group
90 day: 60.42 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete c View Post
If you can maintain 22 mph on a mtb, you are in damn good shape, IMO. 22 mph on a roadie requires being in what I would categorize as good shape.

And yes, the TdF guys can ride 25 mph avg. But, remember they are not riding solo and they are simply not human!
My mountain bike weighs 20 pounds has all titanium nuts bolts carbon fiber handle bars and carbon fiber front suspension forks, tires are 1 inch wide and and are rated for 100 lbs air pressure which i do keep them at. I rode racing 10-12 speeds since i was 15 so my mountain bike is built with road riding in mind, I switch tires when I am doing hard core type cross-country rides.My mtb hauls ass on one down hill run I hit 58 mph That time i was unable to use the brakes and had to just ride it out. hitting the brakes would of meant death, I was coming down a massive hill on a hard packed logging road. made me feel like i was 16 again, as we used to do this sort of thing on our racing bikes as teenagers.
I am currently making a even more road worthy mtb, with a Quintana Roo frame and carbon fiber 56 tooth cranks carbon fiber mtb handle bars with carbon fiber bar ends and seat post and a carbon fiber solid front fork. It will be my road bike and my rocky mountain will be my trail bike after that.
And Frank you would lose by a landslide.
In just five hours of ride time i would cover over 100 miles.. the Volt would be on its first 30 to 50 miles

Last edited by ecomodded; 04-08-2012 at 11:25 AM..