View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 11:39 PM   #56 (permalink)
max_frontal_area
EcoModding Apprentice

missed

i see i failed to get my point across. either way you will have to make a choice. small and efficient or big and powerful. an OM616 into your S10 would only be viable after you rework the cooling system and teach that engine how to breathe, if you add a battery bank, motor and cables to that vehicle you will be left disapointed (quite literally) and find yourself adding a sharky afterall - just to get it moving @ the traffic light.
on the other hand the 60s tornado suggestion could prove to be great. the frontwheel drive setup of that generic motors sled (and another one cant remeber which) would allow plenty of cooling for an ice diesel - the GM 350, 6.2 and 6.5 *should bolt right up. telling the tranny when to shift might be another issue... and the trunk although small for a behemouth would house the electric motor components and some of the batteries easily. considering this vehicle has a real frame plop in all the batteries you want but u will find yourself adding air springs at a minimum (>>>5k LBS)... an axle out of a same year RWD GM is readily available and now you get your way and get to connect the electric motor right up to the pumpkin.

since mid 80s diesel suburbans with the high final drive real axle are said to get 30MPG+, this could become a wiener! therefore it is either light-n-tight with the benefits of incredible efficiency or do what you like and have fun