View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 10:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
ls40095
ls40095

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland View Post
I almost bought it, but I didn't...

The car runs great, shifts smooth, has a new o2 sensor and the engine feels very strong, the inside of the car is also in decent shape aside from some paint and marker drawings...
But I didn't buy it because I didn't think I could make it appealing enough to sell it to someone else and stay within budget, so if someone else can get it, then by all means buy it! it does have rust, not much on the rear wheel wells, but the rocker panels are rusty, jack points are solid, suspension is solid too.
The front end damage is a little worse then I thought, radiator support needs to be replaced as well and if someone hooked a come-a-long to the front and pulled it I think it would help a great deal in making things line up and look right, but as it is the front end is a little tweeked, it also needs an exhaust pipe, adding all of this up it was going to cost to much to make it look nice, but if someone doesn't care how it looks then great! it should be good for anther 100,000 miles!

The deal with the white stuff on the outside is it's water based paint... the owner left the country for a few months with the car in the care of someone else, person caring for the car said it was stolen, driven 3 blocks, ditched and the radio was taken... no police report was filed and the ignition was never damaged, but this person said that they wanted it to be less appealing to thieves so they painted it! most of the paint has washed off, but it makes it look odd for sure.

So if anyone is in Minneapolis and needs a reliable car that is not pretty to look at, buy this one! if I needed one for my self I would have, but I would have been buying it for other people who I couldn't say if they would accept it.
Ive been looking for a VX for a few years........If I see another, I will reply to this thread providing its still open. the last VX I saw was on ebay and sold for $3075.last week.... The one prior to that I drove in Ft Lauderdale florida in December. It had 207k on it and needed a clutch so I passed at a price of $2500.....only because I found a MINT Del Sol from an old lady with over $9000 in maintenance receipts that Im now selling for $4850........I have a clean CX with 127k that averages 40mpg and recently bought my first ECHO but Im still on the hunt for a VX.......but for $600, I would have looked at it if It was local