View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
SiVX
EcoModdingRealist

The Blue Lagoon - '92 Honda Civic VX
First-time Civic VX Owner

Hey everyone,
First off, let me just say that I am not new to this site. I've been reading, browsing and re-reading for a few months now.
I've always loved the 5th gen Civic hatchbacks. Everything about them is amazing. Plus, I like having a place to store gear and my dog when I go camping and such. So the hatchback has always made sense. BUT THEN, Ecomodder introduced me to the VX. I've been taking Sustainability & Site Design classes, along with solar panel stuff, and some civil engineering in hopes to find a career in a green construction field. So, a small quirky hatchback that gets 40+ mpg? I got hooked.. instantly. I began searching the internet every day for one that wasn't a rust bucket, or had a ton of miles. (Hard to find because these things sell quick!) On the first of April I drove a little over 200 miles to meet a guy with what seemed like a mint condition VX.
Well, long story short, I averaged 37 mpg on the first tank. Hey, still better than the V6 I have sitting outside beside the VX. Car has a stupid after market air intake that I hope to swap for a stock with one of the Honda kids that hang out in front of my local Food Lion.

[ACHV ALL]