View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
cbaber
Master EcoModder

Lean and Mean - '98 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.69 mpg (US)
Reminds me of a couple recent idiots I had to deal with. The first one as I pulled out of my driveway onto a 35 MPH road. I saw a guy coming down the hill toward me and I had plenty of room so I took off out of my driveway and accelerated normally so as not to make this guy mad. I was up to 30 MPH before he began to approach from behind me. Instead of coasting a little or tapping the brakes he passed me going up a hill. This is on a regular city road! How impatient are you that someone going 5 MPH under and still accelerating deserves to be passed illegally?

Next one was a couple weeks ago on the interstate. I was going up a huge hill. So huge my little Civic cannot hold 60 MPH in 5th gear so I usually bleed the speed off to about 52 MPH up the hill. Anyway, this chick in a minivan got stuck in behind me while a couple semi's were passing in the left lane. Rather than wait until it was clear to pass, this girl tried to use the onramp lane (the one that merges into the highway) to pass me on the right. She didn't have enough steam to make it past me all the way before the lane merged to the highway so she ended up slamming on the brakes and getting stuck behind me again anyway lol. Some people just amaze me...