View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 12:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
jtbo
Master EcoModder

ZX - '97 Citroen ZX Monaco
OldContinents
90 day: 61.05 mpg (US)
I believe there will be difference in statics with those that don't understand scientific processes from those that do understand them and apply methods for their daily choices.

Stunts described in this threat seem to me being emotional reactions of drivers, also I think that with many accidents emotional reacting can be pointed out as big factor which made accident possible.

I like to think that driving under influence could be case with driving under emotional burst.

We all are probably taught when kids to think before acting, but do we all remember that lesson or do we understand why we were taught that?

One example would be that when I was passing a rural village, there was several kilometers of 60kph and 40kph limits, one of those big trucks came fast to behind of me, he overtook me few hundred meters before city limits, which is no overtaking zone, then limit was again 80kph and road ahead I know being very twisty.

He then drives like a race car driver at hillclimb, cutting even blind corners etc:

Here you can see how narrow that road is:

So instead of driving 80kph, I had to crawl 60kph behind that truck as he could not drive that fast to those corners, despite he risking lifes of others coming from opposite direction, really good example of not thinking just reacting to emotions, which, if it would be put to statistics, might be most common cause of death/accident with every activity.

So think before acting, that takes less than a second and can give tens of years back.