View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 10:50 PM   #29 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Yes these winds are KILLING my MPG like mad. Last trip home was something like 43mpg on the scangauge, disgusted... but that is what is also pushing me forward (I have been lazy lately lol)

If I did do a boat tail, the trunk is 100% a requirement to use. I use this car as a small truck when I get computers in to recycle. The last time I had a load I got 38mpg vs around 18 for my dads "little truck". You can see the front of it in the last photos somewhat.

More on safty and people that don't like to watch what is going on now... Going 45mph all the time, most people just come up behind me, slow down, see I'm slow and pass. Some don't slow down until the last second and tailgates closer than I normally accept (can't see their front end in my review mirror). I never did a good check, but if I can't see their headlights, they are pretty close.... Anyway, I'm interested in seeing if it was be legal to put one of the slow moving vehicle signs on the back of the car to warn people well ahead of time I'm going slow. Maybe I could get some semi trailer reflective tap and mock one up?! Besides that I would like to put my mpg figures on the back so people can understand what I'm doing better and maybe make an impact on them like my parents.

I wouldn't mind throwing an ecomodder.com sign on the car too, but the shop's photos make it look like it is about 3 inches tall and a foot wide. I would want something larger for people to see (about double the size). Of course besides the great looks, it would give me a few MPG .

Really wishing it was a manual now, but seams no deals can be gotten for a stick corolla :-/.

Also for reference, I have another thread about this car. It has some odd "mode" that gives about a 20% FE gain instant and is a huge reason I'm over the high 30s in mpg. Still have NO CLUE what is so special about the mode, but ever mod I do gets me staying in it more and more. Currently the only thing really killing the mod is during warmup and fighting the wind.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...mpg-20699.html
The Following User Says Thank You to ps2fixer For This Useful Post:
Sven7 (04-10-2012)