View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #30 (permalink)
Sven7
Master EcoModder

Boo Radley - '65 Ford F100
90 day: 13.28 mpg (US)
Looking good. Too bad you didn't paint those mods black before putting them on, because you wouldn't be able to see them. With just zip ties it'll take about 30 minutes to take them all off, paint them and put them on again!

You could definitely get some wide white tape and write "45MPG" big on the hatch. Stick the tape onto wax paper, draw the numbers on it and cut them out with an XACTO knife, then peel and stick like a regular sticker.

I've also been thinking about those reflective trailer stickers. I'd cut the red halves off and put them on the back bumper, saving the white halves for the sides of the boat tail.

Anyway. Set aside a half hour and paint those mods black (maybe psychedelic spirals on the wheels) and it'll look great. Get some R/C car window tint for the in-bumper turn signals and it'll look even better.

If you're worried about the trunk opening consider something like Bruce Pick is doing- a Kammback that attaches outside the trunk so you can still open it. Maybe the top of the Kammback is hinged to get out of the way.

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to Sven7 For This Useful Post:
Cereal Killer (11-05-2012)