View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
I plan on taking my car into a shop possibly tomorrow and paying several hundred dollars to have them fix it, but If you guys can think of anything by reading this that stands out as needing to be checked, im all ears.

Don't waste your time though. There is a lot of reading and since its a random electrical problem, a lot could be replaced an the problem would still remain.

O.K. lets see if i can post a short summary of my symptoms and what i have done to my car to fix the problem :

SYMPTOMS :

Fuel pump fails to prime when i turn the key.

I can pull off the main relay from its harness and jump the connection. The fuel pump turns on and remains running when i turn the key.

( would it be possible to rig something up to where i could bypass the main relay and use a manual on off switch to turn the fuel pump on ? )

REPLACED OR TESTED PARTS :

* Battery is new and has new cables

* All fuses, both under dash and under hood fuses are good.

* Engine grounds look good - I even added a wire going from the engine to the body.

* Main Relay tests O.K. for continuity ( all points )
I have both my original and a new aftermarket - both check fine with a bench test.

* No trouble codes

* No stored trouble codes

* Ignition switch is good

* ignition switch key cylinder is good

* Installed new fuel pump

* Fuel pump works ( primes and remains running ) when i jump main relay and turn key.

* Amperage is lost somewhere between the Main Relay and the ECU apparently

Here is my post from several months ago when i thought i had a bad fuel pump.
It's a full five pages, but doesn't really relate to the current problem which is electrical.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...ice-16146.html

Here is my post from the Civic Forums page . Lot's of good advice from one helpful guy on that site .

http://www.civicforums.com/forums/23...s-humid-3.html

Lots and lots of reading.