View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:58 AM   #14 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Interesting thread of near misses, and a couple of actual wrecks.

On one of the roads to/from my work they reworked the 2 lane highway to include a left turn lane, which made it a no passing zone probably 4-5 years ago. Anyway, this area of my drive is the worst for the worst drivers I have seen. Several passing in the left turn lane in front of a few schools and several that when the first person gets over and passes, someone follows directly behind which is completely blinded to the oncomming traffic. I saw a couple of near misses in the last month, but the last one a couple of days ago was too close for my liking. A ford truck passed me as he noticed I was going slower, and he was pushing the limits a little with the oncomming traffic. Well the lady in the van behind him followed as well..... I went to the edge of the road as much as possible, and she litterly was feet from hitting the oncomming car... afterwards she flashed her brake lights at me which I assume was trying to say I was the cause of it. With how these people drive, I'm tempted to get a front and rear view camera to record everything so if there was a wreck, I could present accurate video proof of what happened, even if I wasn't involved.

Speaking of the cameras, would there be any point in reporting illeagle actions such as passing in the no passing zone in front of the schools? I heard it takes atleast 3 reports for someone to get a ticket, and I'm pretty sure not many call in the plate numbers. I don't mind people passing me, or even speeding, but doing risky moves... they should atleast get a warning to attempt to save a life or 2 ^.^.