View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
cbaber
Master EcoModder

Lean and Mean - '98 Honda Civic HX
Team Honda
90 day: 46.69 mpg (US)
I would say go for the cameras. Just head over to youtube and search for car crash compilation. So many car crashes are caught on film from people that drive with cameras. You never know you might just need that evidence. As far as catching people through school zones, you might not get them a ticket but show the film or report the drivers to the local PD and I am sure they will want to send a patrol car to the area to see if they can get any of these drivers in the act.

Last night I had another interesting situation. I have to drive on a 2 lane road that goes from the interstate into town. In town speed limit is 45 and I drive that limit. After you exit town the limit goes to 55. In a residential part of the road there is a middle turn lane that runs for about a mile. I usually drive 55-60 MPH on this road and last night was no exception. I tend to slow down up the hills, though, since thats more efficient. I was going 51 up a hill and then crested the hill I was heading back to 55. Someone in an SUV decided that 51 was not good enough and proceeded to use the middle turn lane to pass me, making sure to put the pedal to the metal and I heard that engine screaming past me just to be able to go 60 MPH in a 55. All I could really think about while this was happening was, "Wow you are wasting tons of gas by passing me at full throttle" and "Thats really not what that lane is for..."

Funny thing is, less than 200 feet ahead of where they passed was the interstate onramp turn where me and them were headed. If only people had a little more patience.