View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 05:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Cd
Ultimate Fail

Thanked 1,121 Times in 679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamsterpower View Post
civic dx ecu 93 | eBay

93 civic dx ecu from Ebay, many at $50. Avoid JDM ecus for 2 reasons- 100 octain fuels and no obd in some. If you are lucky and have a helpful dealer (I know, right...) they will sometimes do just the diagnostic and help you find the problem to fix elsewhere.
Thanks ! I should have checked Ebay first. ( Dooop ! Why didn't I do that first ! )

I purchased the ECU you linked to. Hopefully it's a good one.

I went ahead and did some testing with my ECU. I slit the wiring that leads back to the fuel pump and ends up at the ECU. I slit the wires about an inch away from the ECU harness.

When I unplugged the Main Relay and jumped the Main Relay harness, the fuel pump kicked on but there was no current at the wiring to the ECU.

When i plugged the Main Relay back in, there was a full 12 Amps of current.
( both had 12 Amps ... or just shy of it due to a tired battery )

This would seem to indicate that the current makes it to the fuel pump if it is routed around the ECU by jumping it as i did right ?

I'm assuming this indicates a bad ECU ???

We shall see if this fixes the problem.

The board looks to be in perfect condition, but there is a small spot that looks suspicious. I have seen images of ECUs that short out at this exact area , so i was suspicious.

I plugged it back in and tested it - dead. Soldered the area and tested again - dead.

oh well.