View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
EcoModding Apprentice

Deceptive - '98 Dodge Neon R/T
90 day: 44.38 mpg (US)
Radiator In Rear?

So, I'm in the middle of an interesting project, and am trying to figure out if everything I'm planning will work. The car is a Dodge Neon R/T. Its not quite a mileage project, yet a large part of the build should help mileage.

Part of the plan, is relocating the HVAC to the trunk of the car. This would preferably be done with an electric compressor, and would have the heater lines ran to the back as well. But I would also like to have a custom condensor built, and relocate it to the rear as well. My thoughts are to use the vacuum behind the car to suck the air through it. The car will have a full undertray, and would use fully sealed ducting to get the air from under the car, to an exit in the rear bumper.

The question is, would it also be plausible to do this with the radiator as well (of course using a custom small multipass radiator), and therefore be able to completely seal up the front grills? I'm willing to do the work, if there is a chance that it coule work. I'll get some pics of the areas I'm working with as soon as its not raining.

For an understanding of the level of dedication to this project, I am already marking out where I will be cutting into the wheel wheels and pushing into the front wheel wells from the cab of the car with new meterial, before stitch welding the whole thing.