View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 11:51 PM   #104 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Mazda CX-5 - '17 Mazda CX-5 Touring
90 day: 26.68 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,388 Times in 3,362 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave. Your story is nearly exactly what I expected.

When an officer issues a citation, they always feel justified in their actions. Often when the facts don't support their actions, or they failed to note exact details such as which lane you are in, they will say whatever will strengthen their case. They might even believe they are telling the truth because why else would they have given the citation unless you did something to warrant it (In their mind).

I've had a judge side with an officer despite another witness corroborating my testimony and mathematical evidence showing what the officer stated was impossible. On the street the judge told me he believed me, but had to side with the officer since he was in good standing and his career depends on the truthfulness of his word. In other words, my few hundred bucks and time are a small price to pay for the preservation of an image and a career.

All this to say, you win some, you loose some. Glad to see that you did your best to fight it.

My question is, does this fine have to be calculated into the mod cost vs. savings discussions that often pop up on ecomodder?

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!